Opalessence with Lorena Uriate
Lorena’s quilts and classes are designed to give people the tools to express their own creativity.
During Lorena’s successful show and tell at the Illawarra Quilters Inc. July 2019 general meeting we saw quilts that look great in solids, bright moderns, sophisticated muted palettes and vintage prints, curves and linear designs and those playing with colour and value. So, due to popular demand, we have asked Lorena to share her expertise -
Traditional tumbling block quilts are a firm favourite. Opal Essence incorporates fun bubbles and curves to the linear design, an opportunity to play with colour and value.
It’s a very flexible design – quilt blocks can be appliqued or machine pieced and then machine or hand pieced together.
Saturday 22nd August, 2020
Time: 9:30am - 3:30pm
Venue: Corrimal Community Church Hall, 9 Augusta St, East Corrimal. Street parking available.
Cost of workshop: $70 members $85 non-members
Additional cost, direct to tutor:
- Pattern: $16 Templates: $48 (Kit $60) recommended – a class set will be available
Workshop Conditions: (full Workshop Policy and Procedures)
- The cost of the workshop includes tuition for the workshop and venue fees.
- Workshops costing $50 or less are to be paid in full when booking.
- Morning Tea Supplied. BYO Lunch and mug.
- Participants are encouraged to be aware of any potential Health and Safety risks and must follow safety requirements of the site being used for workshops and instructions from the Workshop Supervisor.
- All participants are welcome to join Illawarra Quilters Inc. More information on Membership . . .
After final payment has been received, a refund may be given at the discretion of the Executive Committee of Illawarra Quilters Inc. Your request in writing for a refund must be received no later than 14 days before the date of the workshop. Payment for workshops cancelled by Illawarra Quilters Inc. are fully refundable. (a full copy of the Financial Policy is available on the Illawarra Quilters Members only website).
Contact: Alison at email@example.com or phone 0407 913 308 to register your interest
Download, complete and return the registration form.